egyptian inspired self portraitsCreate an Egyptian inspired portrait using the elements of art and design in this great video by our wonderful Sandra Tarantino.
egyptian inspired self portraitswith sandra tarantino
explore more on sandra's channel:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Light source
- Permanent black marker
- Colouring media ex. watercolour or pencil crayons
- Watercolour paper or other stiff paper option
- Painters tape or masking tape
- Which colours are complimentary?
WE'RE SAILING DOWN THE NILEBy LAURIE KREBS
There is so much in store on this incredible journey - enormous statues and temples, the legendary Sphinx, tombs and mummies, and of course the Great Pyramids. With seven exciting destinations, a god or goddess on each page, and informative notes at the end, you will be an Egypt expert in no time!
EVERYTHING ANCIENT EGYPTBy CRISPIN BOYER
The ancient Egyptians thought big and built bigger, leaving behind monuments and messages that have endured for five millennia despite tomb robbers and the ravages of time. Pyramids and mummies tell us about their deaths, but new technologies are peeling the wraps off their mysterious lives. In Everything Ancient Egypt kids will discover all they want to know about the mysteries of ancient Egypt and learn new weird, wacky, and fascinating facts as well.
- Who and what are the different morphed animal and humanoid creatures?
- Why do you think King Tutankhamun had so many treasures buried with him?
- Who made these treasures? How do you think they were made 3000 years ago? How is that different than today?
- Are there any treasures and furniture you recognize? Look around your home.
- How are they different or the similar to what you have at home today?
- Would everyone have lived like a pharaoh?